Windsor Dermatology is very proud to have been participating in high-quality clinical trials with leading-edge pharmaceutical companies for over twenty-five years. Our hope is to advance medical dermatology research and treatment to benefit both our patients and physicians. We are currently conducting clinical trials in psoriasis and atopic dermatitis.
Prior to participating in a clinical trial, it is crucial that you understand what they are, the benefits, and eligibility requirements. In the hopes of increasing awareness to our clinical trial facility, we want to provide you with all of the necessary information.
What is a clinical trial?
Clinical trials are medical research studies that evaluate the effectiveness and safety of new treatment options. This allows our team of board certified dermatologists to get a first-hand look at how new medicines work in treating diseases, which will ultimately lead them to potentially discovering a cure.
What should I expect during a clinical trial?
There are many clinical trials available including, psoriasis, eczema, hair loss, acne, skin infections, and skin cancer. During a clinical trial, you will receive study visits conducted by a trained and dedicated research team. One of our board certified dermatologists will also evaluate you throughout the process.
Throughout the clinical trial procedure, patients will receive access to the latest medical innovations at no cost. By contributing to furthering medical research, there is the opportunity for potential financial compensation for time and travel.
What are the benefits of clinical trials?
There are many benefits from participating in a clinical trial, including:
- Cutting-edge, new treatments. The diseases studied in a clinical trial do not have a cure. This might mean that you have undergone numerous treatment options to no avail. Participating in a clinical trial gives you the opportunity to try new treatment options not available to the public. This could prove to be more effective than any other treatment previously used.
- Free or low cost treatment. As the side effects and ultimate results from the treatment is not known, you will be receiving it at a free or low cost.
- Assist in reaching a cure. After receiving your diagnosis and finding out that there is no cure, only treatment options available, you most likely want to find a cure. Your participation in a clinical trial will help the medical field reach a cure quicker.
What are the eligibility requirements to participate in a clinical trial?
Windsor Dermatology is looking for patients to participate in a clinical trial that meet the following general criteria:
- 18 years or older
- Previously diagnosed with psoriasis or atopic dermatitis
- Insurance is not needed to participate
- Willing to be compliant with the guidelines of the study
- Excited to participate!
No matter your skin care needs; Windsor Dermatology will work to solve your problem. We have an excellent team of six board certified dermatologists that take pride in their work and strives for the highest quality care. Contact us today to schedule an appointment and learn more about the services we offer.