Laser Hair Removal East Windsor, NJ
Windsor Dermatology offers laser hair treatment for unwanted problem areas. For many men and women, unwanted hair can be embarrassing and bothersome. Getting rid of this hair can be inconvenient, expensive and unpleasant. Worse than that, the methods may only be temporarily effective. Now, you no longer need to fuss with tweezers, razors, wax or painful electrolysis. This advanced approach provides the ultimate long-term solution for men and women alike.
What to Expect During Laser Hair Removal
- A gentle pulse of light is emitted directly into the hair follicle. The hair follicle absorbs the light energy, which destroys the follicles ability to re-grow hair. The energy causes no damage to your skin. Since several follicles are treated at once, this method is ideal for all areas of the body including your back, shoulders, under arms, legs, bikini line and face.
- To prepare you should clip or shave (but not pluck, wax or thread) the areas you want to treat prior to your arrival. A board certified dermatologist will scan the area with a hand-piece emitting gentle pulses. You may experience a mild stinging or snap, but the discomfort will go away momentarily. Treatment will last for a few minutes and then you’ll be able to resume your daily activities.
- Immediately after treatment, you may experience mild flushing but this will quickly improve. Within a few days you’ll never know you had any treatment done, except for the lack of hair.
- Usually 4 to 5 monthly treatments provide optimal results. However, individual results may vary depending on the density of hairs and the growth cycle of the area being treated. A test spot may also be necessary for individuals with darker skin types.
- Results are usually permanent but some individuals may experience slight regrowth over long periods of time; this can be corrected with maintenance treatments.*
- Treatment cost will be determined during a consultation based on the size of the area of treament.
*Individual Results May Vary