How this Natural Approach to Eating Can Benefit Your Skin
As you get older, your skin begins to show signs of aging. These include sun spots, fine lines, wrinkles, sagging skin, dryness, and dullness. The beauty industry offers a wide variety of products to help combat and prevent these signs, and most of them come with a high price tag. The good news is you can eat your way to healthy skin through a holistic diet.
Fish, especially those high in fat, is a great source for a healthy glow. The omega-3 fatty acids found in fish such as herring, mackerel, and salmon help moisturize the skin, combat the effects of sun, produce new skin cells, and reduce redness. Get your daily supply of omega-3 fats from wild-sourced fish or high-quality supplements.
When your parents told you to eat your vegetables, they knew what they were talking about. While all vegetables are beneficial, certain ones fit perfectly into a holistic diet:
- Lettuce – Romaine lettuce, in particular, helps improve circulation and cell turnover thanks to high levels of vitamin A.
- Red bell peppers – These peppers contain a lot of vitamin C, which helps produce collagen and fight off free radicals. This results in plumper and younger-looking skin.
- Spinach – This powerful vegetable helps remove dead skin and prevent wrinkles.
- Kale – High in antioxidants, this super food helps fight the signs of aging, especially those associated with sun exposure.
- Tomatoes – Whether you consider tomatoes to be a vegetable or fruit, either way they are extremely beneficial for a glowing appearance. They help fight sun damage, prevent wrinkling, and maintain overall healthy skin.
Eggs are high in sulfur, which helps your body detox and absorb vitamin B. Sulfur also increases the production of keratin and collagen, which are essential for tightening the skin, producing more skin cells, and producing glowing skin.
There are many types of fruit that are particularly beneficial in a holistic diet:
- Pineapple – Along with containing high levels of vitamin C, pineapple contains the enzyme bromelain, which helps synthesize collagen and soften the skin.
- Strawberries – Their vitamin C helps firm and smooth the skin as well as fight off wrinkles, sagginess, and dryness.
- Apples – The antioxidant found in the peel of an apple helps fight off aging signs due to sun exposure.
Garlic is great for a lot of things, and healthy skin is one big advantage. As a powerful antibiotic, garlic can prevent acne breakouts and keep skin clear and young looking.
Almonds are high in vitamin E, which is important for healthy and moisturized skin. Walnuts are high in both omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids, which are important in keeping skin supple and moist.
Contact Windsor Dermatology
A holistic diet is important for many aspects associated with maintaining healthy skin. However, there are some skin issues that need more comprehensive help. Whether you have bad acne or psoriasis, or you are looking for cosmetic procedures, Windsor Dermatology can help in a variety of ways. Make an appointment with a dermatologist today and start your journey to healthy skin and a glowing appearance.