Lately, you’ve been noticing extra bulges in your problem areas. They’ve made enough of an appearance that you are seriously considering medicinal weight loss treatments. Liposuction has been around for your entire life, yet you’ve started to hear more and more about CoolSculpting. You’re left wondering which weight loss method is best for you?
Before you make your decision on how to lose the weight, make sure you’re informed on the background of the procedures. Liposuction was introduced in France in the 1920’s; however, it became extremely popular during the 80’s. CoolSculpting became FDA-cleared for the treatment of fat for the flanks in 2010, the abdomen in 2012, thighs in 2014, and the chin in 2015.
Here are a few things to consider when deciding between the two methods- CoolSculpting and Liposuction:
- What are your goals? Do you want to lose a massive amount of weight? Do you want to touch up areas that aren’t decreasing in size? If your goal is to decrease 5 dress sizes, liposuction is your answer. It provides dramatic results. If you don’t want to lose as much weight, CoolSculpting is the way to go.
- Are you willing to go under the knife? It’s no secret that receiving liposuction means you are receiving surgery and anesthesia. If the thought of surgery makes you queasy, CoolSculpting is a non-invasive alternative to massive weight loss surgeries.
- How quickly do you want to see results? Liposuction provides immediate, drastic results. CoolSculpting on the other hand, requires patience. Results take a few months to appear.
- Do you have time for a longer recovery period? Liposuction is a surgery, thus you’ll need to bank for some recovery time from this method. CoolSculpting does not require any recovery time. In fact, during your procedure you can read, reply to emails, or nap.
- What is your budget? Surgery fees can be expensive, if your budget doesn’t have room to account for Liposuction, CoolSculpting might be the better alternative for weight loss.
We are happy to announce that we make the newest CoolSculpting technology. We have an excellent team of six board certified dermatologists that takes pride in their work and strives for the highest quality care. Contact us today to schedule an appointment and learn more about the services we offer.