Unwanted hair can be pesky and an inconvenience to remove. If you are considering removing unwanted hair more permanently via laser hair removal, follow the tips below to prepare.
- Select a board certified dermatologist. The best way to ensure a safe, effective procedure is to select a board-certified dermatologist to conduct laser hair removal. They have experience administering the treatment.
- Consultation with the doctor. Before starting the procedure, you should schedule a consultation with the doctor set to perform it. This will help the doctor review medical history and explain the benefits of laser hair removal.
- Avoid sun exposure. Once you have decided to undergo laser hair removal, you must avoid sun exposure. One of the risks of the procedure is skin lightening, having a tan will increase the risk of that side effect.
- Do not pluck, wax, or receive electrolysis. You cannot pluck, wax, or receive electrolysis on the hair that you hope to remove with laser hair removal. The reason is that it will interfere with the procedure.
- During the procedure. The doctor will prepare your skin before the procedure by applying a cooling gel. You will also need to wear goggles to protect your eyes. Depending on where you receive laser hair removal, it can take anywhere from a few minutes to a few hours.
- Post-laser hair removal. It is normal to experience redness and swelling on the skin for a few hours after the procedure. It is important to stay out of the sun until your skin has healed.
No matter your skin care needs; Windsor Dermatology will solve your problem. We have an excellent team of six board certified dermatologists that take pride in their work and strives for the highest quality care. Contact us today to schedule an appointment and learn more about the services we offer.