It is officially prom season! It is crucial that you begin or continue with your skincare regimen to prepare your face for the photos and fun night ahead. As a dermatology practice with six board-certified dermatologists, we wanted to share skin care tips for prom to help your skin glow.
- Eat healthy. Have you ever heard the saying, you are what you eat? Well, it is true. If you are filling your body with harmful sugars and processed foods, you will be more prone to breakouts. Instead, eat plenty of fruits and veggies. Some of our favorite foods to eat for clear skin are almonds, sweet potatoes, avocado, broccoli, dark berries, and tomatoes.
- Visit a board-certified dermatologist for a consultation. Schedule a visit with your local board-certified dermatologist for a consultation. The doctor will be able to work with you to pinpoint the problem areas of your skin and offer a treatment plan.
- Schedule a facial with an aesthetician. A few months before prom, schedule a facial with an aesthetician. These treatments can include deep cleansing, extractions, exfoliation, peels, and microdermabrasion.
- Keep your skin clear the morning of prom. Let your skin breathe during the morning of prom. If you are heading to school, don’t put any make up on. Once you start getting ready later on in the day, put on a moisturizer before putting any make up on.
- Remove all makeup before going to sleep. Once the night is over, make sure that you remove all of your makeup before going to sleep. You don’t want to leave any residue behind as that could lead to a breakout.
No matter your skin care needs; Windsor Dermatology will work to solve your problem. We have an excellent team of six board certified dermatologists that take pride in their work and strives for the highest quality care. Contact us today to schedule an appointment and learn more about the services we offer.