Laser Skin Resurfacing Helps to Reduce Wrinkles, Scars, and Sun Damage to Your Skin
Windsor Dermatology offers multiple laser therapy treatments for various skin conditions. We offer laser treatments for skin resurfacing for reducing wrinkles, scars, acne marks, pores, sun spots, loose skin, damaged blood vessels, blotches and tattoos.
How it Works
In laser skin resurfacing, a laser creates thermal injury. As the injury heals, collagen remodels, improving the appearance of the skin. This reduces the appearance of wrinkles, sun damage, age spots, scars and stretch marks. In fractional resurfacing, the laser energy is directed only to pinpoint areas while surrounding areas are spared. this approach provides the aesthetic benefit of collagen remodeling with shorter recover time.
What to Expect During Skin Rejuvenation
- A numbing cream is applied to the skin.
- After numbing, the laser energy is applied to the treatment area.
- The procedure may take 15-30 minutes depending on the size of the area to be treated.
- Immediately after treatment, a moisturizer is applied.
- The area will be red for several days, similar to a severe sunburn. *During recovery, sun must be avoided.
- Improvement will be seen within a few days and will continue to unfold over several months as collagen remodels.
*Individual Results May Vary