Laser Skin Resurfacing Helps to Reduce Wrinkles, Scars, and Sun Damage to Your Skin
Windsor Dermatology offers multiple laser therapy treatments for various skin conditions. We offer laser treatments for skin resurfacing for reducing wrinkles, scars, acne marks, pores, sun spots, loose skin, damaged blood vessels, blotches and tattoos.
What to Expect During Skin Rejuvenation
- A gentle pulse of light is emitted directly into the skin targeting red or brown pigment leaving the skin with a smooth texture and more even complexion. The treatments are a safe and effective way to improve the skin of face, neck, arms and hands.
- A board certified dermatologist will scan the treatment area with a hand-piece emitting gentle pulses. You may experience a mild stinging or snap, but the discomfort will go away momentarily. Treatment will last for a short amount of time and you’ll be able to resume your daily activities.
- Immediately after treatment, you may experience mild flushing and darkening of some spots but this will quickly improve. Red and brown spots will typically fade or peel in 7-10 days.* Sun avoidance is necessary for a few weeks after treatment.
- Most patients will notice significant improvement after 1 treatment, however in some cases several treatments are necessary to provide optimal results.* A test spot may also be necessary for individuals with darker skin types.
- Over time, you may notice some changes that require maintenance treatments however; daily sunscreen usage can help limit this need.
- Most areas, except those directly around the eyes, can be effectively treated.
- Cost of treatment will be determined during a consultation based on the size of the area of treatment.
*Individual Results May Vary