Jessica Simon, M.D.
East Windsor, NJ DermatologistWindsor Dermatology
Board Certified Dermatologist
Dr. Jessica Simon is double board certified in both dermatology and pediatric dermatology, and is well versed in all areas of dermatology, including hair loss. She is an active member of both the Society of Pediatric Dermatology and the American Academy of Dermatology. Dr. Simon has been recognized for her academic excellence with multiple award nominations, such as the Golden Apple Award for Teaching Excellence Award by the New Jersey Medical School. Dr. Simon has presented at both national and international meetings on both adult and pediatric dermatology. She has been published in numerous textbooks and journals and enjoys volunteering her time-sharing her knowledge at several health fairs. Dr. Simon is also fluent in Spanish. Outside of work, Dr. Simon enjoys spending time with her family, running, singing, traveling and reading.
- Board certified in Dermatology
- Board certified in Pediatric Dermatology
- Fellow of the American Academy of Dermatology
- Doctor of Medicine: Rutgers Medical School, New Jersey
- Internship in Pediatrics: Rutgers Medical School, Newark, New Jersey
- Residency in Dermatology: University of Miami, Miami, Florida
- Fellowship in Pediatric Dermatology: Emory University, Atlanta, Georgia
- Practicing dermatology, dermatologic surgery and CoolSculpting
- Member of the Attending Staff at Penn Medicine Princeton Health
- Wikramanayake T.C., Amini S., Simon J., Mauro L. M., Elgart G., Schachner L.A., Jimenez J.J. A novel adult rat model for chemotherapy-induced alopecia. Clin Exp Derm 2012; 37: 284-9.
- Wikramanayake T.C., Simon J., Mauro L.M., Perez C. I., Roberts B., Elgart G., Alvarez-Connelly E., Schachner L.A. and Jimenez J.J. tert-Butyl hydroperoxide, an organic peroxide, causes temporary delay in hair growth in a neonatal rat model. Clin Exp Dermatol 2011; 36:661-4.
- Wikramanayake T.C., Alvarez-Connelly E., Simon J., Mauro L.M, Guzman J., Elgart G., Schachner L.A., Chen J., Plano L.R., Jimenez J.J. Heat treatment increases the incidence of alopecia areata. Cell Stress Chaperones 2010; 15: 985-91.
- Horenstein M.G., Simon J. Investigation of the hair follicle inner root sheath in scarring and non-scarring alopecia. J Cutan Pathol 2007; 34:762-8.
- Cao T., Connelly E.A., Simon J., Mauro L.M., Elgart G., Badiavas E.V., Schachner L.A., Roberts B., Perez C.I., Jimenez J.J. Chemotherapy-induced alopecia in a novel adult rat model: Relation to the hair follicle cycle. Society of Investigative Dermatology Annual Meeting, Montreal, Quebec (2009).
- Jimenez J.J., Cao T., Simon J., Mauro L.M., Perez C.I., Roberts B., Elgart G., Connelly E.A., Schachner L.A. Delay of hair growth by oxidants in a neonatal rat model. Society of Investigative Dermatology Annual Meeting, Montreal, Quebec (2009).
- Cao T., Connelly E.A., Simon J., Mauro L.M., Elgart G., Schachner L.A., Roberts B., Perez C.I., Plano L., Chen J., Jimenez J.J. HSP-70 expression and alopecia areata development in C3H/HeJ mice. Society of Investigative Dermatology Annual Meeting, Montreal, Quebec (2009).
- Buka R. L. & Simon J. (2009). Venous Malformation. In R. M. Koch & P. J. Taub (Eds.), Plastic Surgery Clinical Problem Solving (129-34). New York, NY: McGraw-Hill.
- Simon J., Buka R.L. An update of methicillin-resistant staphylococcus aureus. Skin & Aging 2007; 15:38-41. Skin & Aging 2008 AAD Gold Triangle Award Honoree.
- Simon J., Buka R.L. (2012). Ichthyosis Vulgaris. In Rudikoff & Cohen (Eds.), Atopic Dermatitis and Eczematous Disorders.
- Herskovitz I., Simon J, Tosti A. Anagen hair syndrome. International Journal of Trichology 2013
"Dr. Simon is absolutely amazing!!! I loved that she was very thorough and followed up to check on my daughter. She was the only doctor who knew what was wrong and treated her properly after seeing other multiple doctors!! Highly recommend her and this entire practice!!"Rosemary
"I highly recommend the services of Dr. Simon. She is the type of physician who spends considerable time with you and is very caring and compassionate."Daria
"Dr. Simon is undoubtedly the ideal match for any child or adult with any anxiety or fear. She is completely thorough in examination while explaining everything she is doing. She is calming, comforting, gentle, and exceedingly patient. She is professional and can seamlessly speak the language of her audience. She effortlessly maintains adult conversation while answering the parent’s questions in Parent-Talk while simultaneously answering my daughter’s questions in Age 11-appropriate language."Jennifer
"This was my 3rd annual visit with Dr. Simon. She listened carefully to my concerns and gave me thoughtful responses. Waiting time was short and time with her felt as long as I needed."Patty