STOP UNWANTED HAIR GROWTH WITH LASER HAIR REMOVAL IN NJ
Windsor Dermatology offers laser hair treatment for unwanted problem areas. For many men and women, unwanted hair can be embarrassing and bothersome. Getting rid of this hair can be inconvenient, expensive and unpleasant. Worse than that, the methods may only be temporarily effective. Now, you no longer need to fuss with tweezers, razors, wax or painful electrolysis. This advanced approach provides the ultimate long-term solution for men and women alike.
WHAT TO EXPECT DURING LASER HAIR REMOVAL
- A gentle pulse of light is emitted directly into the hair follicle. The hair follicle absorbs the light energy, which destroys the follicles ability to re-grow hair. The energy causes no damage to your skin. Since several follicles are treated at once, this method is ideal for all areas of the body including your back, shoulders, under arms, legs, bikini line and face.
- To prepare you should clip or shave (but not pluck, wax or thread) the areas you want to treat prior to your arrival. A board certified dermatologist will scan the area with a hand-piece emitting gentle pulses. You may experience a mild stinging or snap, but the discomfort will go away momentarily. Treatment will last for a few minutes and then you’ll be able to resume your daily activities.
- Immediately after treatment, you may experience mild flushing but this will quickly improve. Within a few days you’ll never know you had any treatment done, except for the lack of hair.
- Usually 4 to 5 monthly treatments provide optimal results. However, individual results may vary depending on the density of hairs and the growth cycle of the area being treated. A test spot may also be necessary for individuals with darker skin types.
- Results are usually permanent but some individuals may experience slight regrowth over long periods of time; this can be corrected with maintenance treatments.*
- Treatment cost will be determined during a consultation based on the size of the area of treament.
*Individual Results May Vary
ALMA LASER REMOVE 810NM
Getting rid of unwanted hair is an age-old issue, with long-term hair removal being particularly challenging. People who suffer from excess hair used to go through painful and long hours of waxing and plucking. Alas, these methods have become quite obsolete with modern laser technology.
HAIR REMOVAL WITH ALMA’S SHR PATENT
Alma has developed a method which uses groundbreaking technology to offer a simple, one-stop solution for truly effective hair removal.
SHR’s unique gradual heating method effectively damages the hair follicles while avoiding injury to the surrounding skin. The sweeping In-motionTM delivery technique keeps the laser in constant motion ensuring full coverage of the treated area. The improved coverage helps practitioners avoid unwanted results such as “Zebra stripes” associated with older, stationary methods. Alma’s SHR patent is included in all of its laser hair removal devices. The list includes Soprano Titanium, Soprano ICE Platinum, Soprano ICE, ALMA BEAUTY REMOVE & Harmony XL Pro (in the form of IPL).
WHAT WAVELENGTHS DO MOST LASER DEVICES USE?
Most hair removal devices use one specific type of laser wavelength. The most common ones are the 755nm, 808nm and 1064nm laser wavelengths. Each of these has unique characteristics and different absorption levels in Melanin. Melanin is the chromophore that determines a person’s skin and hair color. Alma’s newest Soprano laser devices combine all of these wavelengths simultaneously which makes them suitable for all skin types.